Saturday, June 27, 2015

[Fanfic] To Learn Something New (ch 7)

Title: To Learn Something New
Author: Vianna Orchidia / Annasthacy Chashyme
Fandom: Final Fantasy XIII Series
Character: Lightning Farron, Hope Estheim
Rating: K+
Genre: General
Disclaimer: I do not own the series and the characters, and I do not gain any profit from this fanfiction
Warning: set after the first game where FFXIII-2 never happen. AR where Serah didn't come back. a little ooc?

Undo /un·do/ v to open or release (something); to unfasten or loosen (something); to change or stop the effect of (something)

She was the epitome of straightforwardness, strength and faith, he thought. She was amazing, gorgeous, almost a goddess, and he practically put her on a pedestal. He could even see himself getting on his knees and kiss her toes.

But as he watched the trails of tears on her cheeks, Hope felt that pedestal broke down and her ideal figure faded away.

"I'm not a goddess, Hope, not even close." He heard her fears that day. "I am lost. I don't even know where I want to be. My only anchor in this life is gone, because of my fault, and the only atonement I can give is through death. Will you let me die, Hope?"

He did not understand. Why must she ask for his permission? If she wanted to die, she just needed to die. He wouldn't be so selfish as to keep her alive when her soul was already dying. He would mourn, cry perhaps, but he would let her go.

She must've seen his confused expression, for she smiled weakly now. "Sorry, that came out of nowhere. It's just... I really don't know where I want to be. I don't know if I really want to cross the river. I need someone to pick for me." Her eyes got even more distant when she continued in a broken whisper. "Besides, I'm done picking for myself. My choices always end in things getting worse, Hope. I'm done making mistakes."

At that moment, she sounded just as that: done with everything in her life. She's right there, in front of him, but he already mourned for her.

At that moment, he wanted nothing more the ability to turn back time, to undo the mistakes she did, to undo the tears she shed, to undo the pain that killed her.

At that moment, he cried with his broken goddess.

A/N:
AR where Serah died/still in crystal stasis after the first game. See, I was being negative yesterday. The sentence that dwelled in me is “I don't even know where I want to be.” and see where it got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment