Saturday, June 27, 2015

[Fanfic] To Learn Something New (ch 8)

Title: To Learn Something New
Author: Vianna Orchidia / Annasthacy Chashyme
Fandom: Final Fantasy XIII Series
Character: Lightning Farron, Hope Estheim
Rating: K+
Genre: General
Disclaimer: I do not own the series and the characters, and I do not gain any profit from this fanfiction
Warning: set post-LR

Tokyo /To·kyo/ geographical name city ∗ of Japan in SE Honshu on Tokyo Bay (inlet of the Pacific)

“What is this city called again?”

Hope chuckled as he laced his hand with Lightning's. “It's Tokyo. You should try harder to remember places' names in this world, you know. It will come in handy.”

“You know I can't help it. I'm just naturally bad at it,” Lightning frowned in disdain, but didn't try to take her hand back. Instead, she squeezed his ever so slightly, showing the smile her lips kept hidden.

They resumed walking, taking in the night scenery of one of the busiest city on the world. They had taken a train from the nearest station from Hope's hotel to Shinjuku, and was greeted by an ocean of people. Since both of them were not exactly people persons, they decided to steer away from the crowded part of the city and took another train to the tranquil Ueda Park.

“It's our last night in Tokyo, huh.” Watching cars pass by on the main road, Lightning wondered aloud. “This city is beautiful.”

“We have been here for a week since my seminar ended. We still have work back in France, right?” her partner reasoned calmly. He liked the city too, but they always had another time. It is the new, safe world after all. They had all the time they wanted. “We can come back here some time.”

Light's lips curved upward. “I want to visit other countries too. I've only traveled around Europe before meeting you.” She traveled while he started teaching in a university. Hope had seen the photos she took but still, he wanted to go in person. If possible, with Lightning too.

“Where do you want to go?”

She gave him a peck on the lips which he happily returned. “Anywhere you take me, Hope. As long as we're together.”

Keeping her face close, Hope breathed out, “We're together.”

A/N:
So I completely forgot what that park in front of Tokyo Imperial Castle is called, but the internet let me down and I couldn't do any research. I think it's Ueda Kouen but if I'm mistaken do forgive me and tell me the correct one :"")

No comments:

Post a Comment