Thursday, August 13, 2015

Tell Me The Old Story Please (by 60)

This is the requested translation for bunbii! Original fanwork here. A doujinshi for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fandom, apparently. This translation is first posted in my tumblr.
I had some difficulties on page 3 and 4 but I hope it still makes sense.
Enjoy.



Tell Me The Old Story Please
 by 60
Page 1
Woman: Ah.
Erina: ?
Erina: Ah…

Page 2
Erina: Dio.
Dio: Time to go home, Erina.

Page 3
Dio: Well then, see you later.
Woman: …Miss Erina // is not an ugly person.
Woman: Her husband just passed away and without mourning she married again, that much is unsightly // But to think she married his stepbrother…
Woman: That’s just barbarian.
Woman: Birds of the same feather flock together, I guess.
Dio: Are you okay?

Page 4
Dio: You know that woman always badmouths people behind their backs. // And bad rumours spread fast in high society.
Dio: There’s no merit in hanging out with her.
Erina: Are you worried about me?
Erina: Really, you… // Well, you’ve always been like this.
Erina: A resolute man.
Erina: Because that woman is having financial problems lately… // She’s just jealous of this husband who’s an always-winning lawyer and earns a lot of money.
Dio: Hey you…
Erina: It’s still cuter than someone who punches people right after meeting them.
Dio: ….. // I still don’t get it.

Page 5
Dio: Why did you marry me?
Erina: You’re the one who proposed.
Dio: I never thought you’d agree.
Erina: …well, George and Elizabeth need a father figure, // you helped a lot until we can live together with the children, // and you saved my life in that burning ship.
Erina: That day, // no, even before that,
Erina: I didn’t know there’s something between you and Jonathan.

Page 6
Erina: But I know that you’re sad and regrets Jonathan’s death.
Dio: … // Ha, are you daydreaming–
Erina: No.
Erina: It’s the truth.
Erina: It doesn’t matter how strong you look on the outside, but I know. // Because I feel the same.

Page 7
Erina: The only person I love is Jonathan Joestar and him alone. // Of course, I respect and treasure you as my husband, but that fact will not change.
Erina: But we…
Erina: We can heal each other’s wounds.
Erina: Because you love Jonathan Joestar too.

Page 8
Dio: …ha,
Dio: I don’t need to hear any more jokes.
Erina: Ah.
Erina: It’s okay if you don’t want to admit it.
Erina: The tea’s gone cold. // I’ll heat it up again so please wait.
Dio: Erina.

Page 9
Dio: You are a strong, intelligent woman. // But there’s one thing you’re absolutely wrong about.
Dio: That is not love.
Dio: His fortune, house, family, wife, and even his place, // I just wanted to steal everything he had.
Dio: It’s not about love.

Page 10
Dio: If this were love,
Dio: Oi, Jojo.
Jonathan: Hm?
Dio: It’s about Erina Pendolton…
Jonathan: What about her? // I’ll tell you this, if you disturb her again…
Dio: N-no, just….
Dio: Seeing your reaction, it never changes huh. // You like her?
Jonathan: W-what the… // How did the topic go there?
Jonathan: Hm…
Jonathan: Well, that’s right.
Jonathan: This feeling is love, I guess.

Page 11
Dio: Erina, you are always right.
Dio: Even though I managed to steal his fortune, house, family, wife, place, even so his body, // I still regret over something I can’t have.
Dio: But it’s something you have since the beginning, so there’s no way you could understand this sadness.
Dio: huh…

Page 12
Dio: That’s right, // I’m sad, Erina.
Dio: Jonathan…

No comments:

Post a Comment